Nonimmigrants may remain in the U.S. for only a temporary period of time and are restricted to the activity consistent with their visas. Nonimmigrants are expected to depart the U.S. by the expiration date on their I‑94 entry/departure cards unless they have filed for an extension. There can be serious legal consequences for anyone who overstays his/her authorized period of admission. The following is a description of some of the commonly used employment or business‑related visas:
H Visa
J1 – Exchange Visa
L1 Visa – Intra Company Transferee
TN Visa
P Visa
O Visa
B-1 Business Visitor Visa
F1 Student Visa
K Visa